Production

Contents

Admin

Member Sign in

admin

Data Center Updates

June 24, 2010 4:30pm

We experienced an unplanned shutdown of our primary web server. The primary sermonsonline.com web site, the Sermon Site Manager, and sermon content views could not be displayed for several hours.

Update 1, 6:30pm: The web server has been restarted and is being tested.
Update 2, 7:10pm: Tests have passed, and the system is operating normally.


March 13, 2010 10:00pm

We experienced an outage that affected the routing of the doman name, "sermonsonline.com". We have corrected the issue, but it will take some time for the changes to propagate to all the Internet Service Providers. Typically, this type of change takes 6-12 hours to complete within North America, but the timing is highly variable.

Update 1, March 14, 9:54am: The changes have shown up in ISPs on the east coast of the US.


August 27, 2009 11:33am

We experienced problems with one of our media stores that affected downloads of sermons published between October, 2006 and June, 2007. The affected files were restored from backup and the system is now operating normally.


August 8, 2009 7:39am

We have received reports that the Sermon Publisher client will fail on upload if the length of time needed to encode a multimedia file is longer than 15 minutes. We have identified the cause of this error, and have made changes on the server side to correct it. We have contacted the customers who have been affected by this problem, and are monitoring the upload logs daily to make sure the problem does not recurr.


July 23, 2009 3:09pm

We added a new media server last week which uses digital signatures to authorize uploads. A few customers have reported problems with the signing process, which has interrupted their ability to add new sermons. We believe that we have identified all of these issues and resolved them.

During the process of adding the new media server, some domain name routing information was not transferred properly, and customers with custom sermonsonline.com subdomains were directed to the wrong server. We have since corrected the routing, and customers should see a resumption of normal operation over the next 24 hours.


January 23, 2009 3:09pm

Over the last two weeks, our primary web server has been taking an unusually long time to display pages. Although this has not affected playback of sermon multimedia, it has affected the display of sermon views and the Sermon Publisher.

We traced the problem back to a configuration problem, and corrected it. The server is now operating normally, and we are monitoring it daily to make sure that performance is acceptable.